Find yourself searching for how to clean a Mac like Mac Laptop For Photo Editing and restore it to factory settings. You may be interested in selling your computer and needing to delete all the hard drive’s contents. Without erasing the contents of your computer, you could open yourself up to identity theft. Another reason to reset your Mac to factory settings is it may be getting too slow because of many years of use. You may need more disk space if your computer speed lags.
How to Factory Reset MacBook Air – Does your MacBook Air have technical faults? Have you tried all the troubleshooting steps, and the issue persists? Well, here’s our step-by-step guide to factory resetting the MacBook Air. Mac devices are among the most reliable computing devices. But at times, things take a toll, and Mac users face technical problems with the MacBook Air. Although there are several ways to fix the technical glitches associated with the MacBook Air, factory resetting the device is the go-to option to fix most of the issues. This blog by a Tech Support Expert will put light on the simple steps of How to Factory Reset MacBook Air.
There could be many reasons to opt for a device factory reset. If you are having a tough time using your MacBook Air or you are selling your devices for some extra cash. Factory resetting the device can fulfill both purposes. But the real challenge is for users to be aware of the resetting process. If you want to know How to Factory Reset your MacBook Air, you have landed on the right path.
Also See: How To Print From Iphone To Canon Printer
Tech Support Expert is a well-known organization famous for its real-time technical assistance. The company is inspired by the vision to provide the best technical assistance to all. We have tier 1 and tier 2 level technical experts who are educated and skilled simultaneously. These experts work collectively in the direction of providing real-time technical assistance.
Things to Consider Before Factory Reset MacBook Air
Factory resetting the MacBook Air is the best thing you can do if the issues with your Mac don’t seem to resolve, no matter how much you try. If you have made up your mind to reset the device, then there are a few things you must take care of before moving on to the factory reset process.
Key Things to Consider Before Factory Reset MacBook Air:
1. Log Off From all the services:
The motto behind factory reset MacBook Air could be anything. It does not matter if you are doing this to fix any issue or to sell your device, but the key thing to do before Factory Reset MacBook Air is to sign out from Apple services from the MacBook like iTunes and iCloud. Here’s how you can accomplish this task:
Steps to sign out of iTunes:
- Launch the Music application or iTunes.
- Navigate to Account > click on Authorizations.
- Now press on Deauthorize this computer.
- Here you have to enter your Apple ID and Password.
- Press the option Deauthorize.
Steps to sign out of iCloud:
- Press on the Apple logo from the MacBook Air home screen
- Navigate to System Preferences.
- Now select the Apple ID or iCloud.
- Choose Overview and Sing Out.
2. Create a Backup:
Continue the process by creating a backup of all your data, including important files, folders, or images. You can take the help of a preinstalled Apple application called Time Machine to create a backup of your data. Here are simple ways to back up your files:
- Attach any good-quality external device to the Mac for storage purposes.
- Select the Apple Icon
- Click on System Preferences.
- Choose the option Time Machine.
- Choose the Backup Disk.
- Select your external storage device.
- Press Encrypt backups and use the disk.
- Now press the ON button.
- The time machine will start to back up your data.
Steps to Factory Reset MacBook Air
Factory Resetting the MacBook Air is a simple process that involves a series of easy steps. Once you sign off from services and create a data backup, you can move on to the factory reset process. But first, make sure to have a running internet connection. To factory reset your MacBook Air, your device needs to be connected to the internet.
- First, you have to boot the Mac in Recovery Mode.
- Press Command + R. Hold both keys till the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Let the MacBook Air fully start up and become stable.
- Now click on Disk Utility and press on continue.
- Select View and press Show All Devices.
- Choose a hard drive and press Erase button.
- Choose the option APFS in the format field (in macOS High Sierra).
- Select the Mac OS Extended option (in macOS Sierra or earlier).
- Press the Erase button.
- Now let the system Factory Reset MacBook Air.
- You can reinstall the macOS after the reset process by navigating to the Reinstall macOS option from the utility menu.
- Press Continue.
- Now follow all the instructions to finish the installation process.
When the new macOS is installed, all your previous data has been erased, and your Mac has been factory rest successfully.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Can I reset MacBook to factory settings without Apple ID?
Therefore, if you want to restore your MacBook Pro (either with a T2 or M1) to factory settings, it’s impossible without Apple ID. However, you can retrieve it or request access to it previously signed in this computer from Apple Support. Then wipe the data and settings of the Mac and reinstall macOS.
How to factory reset MacBook M1?
How to factory reset MacBook Pro with a passcode lock?
Mac with an M1 processor: Power on your Mac and hold the power button until the startup options window appears. Click Continue after selecting the Options gear icon.
Mac with an Intel processor: After turning on your computer, press Command + R until you see the Apple logo or another graphic.
When you’re asked to choose an admin user and enter the password, click Erase Mac from the Recovery Assistant menu in the menu bar. Click Erase Mac in the Erase Mac window, and then click Erase Mac again to confirm.
Then press and hold the power button for a few seconds until your Mac turns off. Restart from the macOS Recovery menu and then reinstall macOS.
How to Connect Laptop to TV using HDMI
How to Use a Laptop as a Monitor