Terraify will show you how to use the Google Pay store, and now, people can easily make a payment with the help of Google Pay in a physical and online store.
Users need to hold their Android devices near a compatible payment terminal.
What is Google Pay? How does it work? How to use it? If you find yourself asking these questions then go ahead and read this article.
- Use your Android phone to pay in-store using Google Pay.
- Once you have set up Google Pay and the NFC feature is enabled on your Android, hold your phone in front of the cash register.
- You also use Google Pay to make in-store purchases or to send money to family and friends.
- You can make payments using Apple Pay, just like Apple Pay for iOS devices. Google Pay In physical shops, hold your Android phone close to a compatible payment terminal.
- The transaction will be completed almost immediately after you have done this. It is extremely easy.
- It will show you how to set up Google Pay for in-store purchases. You can’t use Google Pay on iPhones. It is only available for in-store purchases with an Android.
If you are looking for a solution to using the Google Pay store this is the right article. Just follow the steps given below to use Google Pay in-store.
Step By Step Guide How To Use Google Pay In Store:-
- First, you need to make sure that you have downloaded the Google Play application on your Android and included one payment method.
- Now you need to enable NFC on your Android device.
- Open the setting application and click the options connection.
- Turn on the toggle next to the option NFC and payment to allow data exchange.
- Make sure that Google Pay is Mark the default payment method on your phone.
- If the Google Pay application is not marked as the default payment method, you need to go to the application and notify your settings.
- From here, you need to click the default app and then click the options, tap, and pay.
- Under tap and pay, you need to choose Google Pay as the payment default application.
- Now when it is the moment to play with your card, you need to unlock your phone first.
- Position your phone’s backside near the payment terminal for a few seconds.
- If the terminal has a wireless symbol, you must put the phone nearest to the logo.
- Once it touches the logon for the contactless payment symbol, the Google Pay application will automatically launch.
- You must enter your pin and use the fingerprint reader to proceed further.
- After a while, a checkmark appears on the screen, which confirms that the Purchase is successfully completed.
- If your Google Pay does not start automatically after putting your phone nearest to the contactless payment symbol, you need to reposition your phone until it connects.
- Also, you need to ensure with the cashier that the terminal which supports Google Pay and some older airports does not include contactless payment.
How to Enable in-store shopping in Google Pay
First, ensure that you have installed Google Pay on your Android and added at least one payment method.
Once the app is set up, you only need to enable NFC (or “near field communications”) on your phone. This allows it to connect to credit card readers at stores.
1. Tap “Connections” or “Connection preferences” according to your device.
2. Click the button to the right to ensure that NFC and Payment are turned on.
To turn on NFC, swipe the button to your right. Jeremy Dreyfuss and Justin Gmoser/Business Insider
3. Make sure Google Pay is the default payment method for your phone. This option can be found in the “Connection preferences” section on some Androids. Tap “Contactless payments” on the “Connection preferences page.”
4. Next, choose the option “Payment default: GooglePay. “
Tap “Payment default: Google Pay.” Jeremy Dreyfuss and Justin Gmoser/Business Insider
Other Android phones may have the default payment option in your Settings app’s “Apps and Notifications” section. Open the Settings app and tap APP & Notifications” to select “Default apps.” Next, tap “Tap & Pay.” Finally, choose Google Pay to be your default app.
How Much Does It Cost to Use Google Pay?
Google Pay is a free mobile app. You won’t pay additional fees for using Google Pay to make purchases.
You may incur transfer fees if you have a payment in your Google Pay that you’d like to transfer out. Transfers are free to linked bank accounts, but you’ll pay 1.5% or $0.31 (whichever is higher) to transfer money to a debit card.
Apple Pay and Google Pay: How They Work?
Apple Pay and Google Pay have essentially identical offerings. While How to Use Apple Pay to Send Money in Chime may seem easier to use than Google, Google offers more features. Google stores your card information on its servers as an intermediary, while Apple explicitly states that it will not track transactions.
How do I use Google Pay™ in-store?
Tap your device on the contactless terminal for purchases under $100.
For purchases over $100, you may need to unlock your device, and depending on the terminal, you may need to enter your pin.
I have received a new card because my old one has expired. Do I need to add my Google Pay(TM card) again?
You won’t need to update Google Pay when you get a Suncorp Visa Debit Card replacement. It will be updated automatically, along with your Virtual account number.
You can continue using Google Pay while your replacement card still needs to be put in your hands.
What Can I use Google Pay to make cash withdrawals?
You can’t use Google Pay to make cash withdrawals at this stage. You’ll need to use your regular ATM card, as you usually would.
What cards are eligible to receive Google Pay(TM)?
Google Pay is available for both personal and business Suncorp Visa Debit Cards. Clear Options does not support it at the moment.
Can I use Google Pay™ overseas?
You can use Google Pay wherever Visa contactless payments are accepted, including overseas. We recommend you take your physical Visa Debit card as a backup, as not all merchants allow contactless payments.
What’s Google Pay™, and how do I use it?
It is a paid app that allows you to use your compatible Android device to pay for things in-store and via apps (as long as they’re a participating merchant for Google Pay). To use it, you’ll need to download the app and add your eligible card to your NFC-enabled Android device. As a Suncorp Bank customer, you can use Google Pay with your Suncorp Visa Debit card but not your Clear Options credit card. You can add as many cards as you like onto the app as long as you’re the account holder. Once you’ve loaded your card onto the Googe Pay app, you’ll be able to pay anywhere that accepts contactless payments. Just look for the contactless symbol or Google Pay mark. When you’re ready to pay, unlock your phone, and hold it. Close the payment reader for a few seconds until a blue checkmark appears on your screen.
What’s my Virtual Account Number?
Visa Debit Card is assigned a unique Virtual Account number (VAN) when you use Google Pay(TM). This number is used to make purchases and is not your Visa Debit card number. This protects you and your card number from being shared with merchants. This means that your card number will not appear on your receipt. If you are requesting a return for something purchased with Google Pay, the merchant might ask you for the last four digits of the VAN. This information can be found on your Google Pay app’s card details screen.
This article will provide a detailed guide to using Google Pay in-store for contactless payments.
I hope you found this article helpful. The steps and methods described above are simple and easy to implement.